The Company is committed to the rights of individuals, customers and contractors to have their personal information protected.
The Company is not only bound by the requirements of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988 (the Act) and amendments, which set out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information, but we also recognise that your privacy is very important to you and that you have a right to control your personal information.
If at any time you feel that a breach of your privacy has occurred a complaint maybe lodged with the Company’s Privacy Officer (also if you require any further information on privacy related matters). Further information may also be obtained from the Federal Privacy Commissioner.
The Company collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from the individual, customer or contractor.
- From a third party eg. recruitment agency, financial institutions.
The Company will only collect personal information:
- If it is necessary for the Company’s functions or activities.
- By lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
- Directly from an individual if it is reasonable and practical to do so.
- After gaining consent from the individual to collect sensitive information unless specified exemptions apply.
- If required by law.
The type of information collected by the Company may be but is not limited to:
- Contact details.
- Financial details.
- Qualification details.
USE and DISCLOSURE
The Company will not use or disclose personal information about an individual or company for any other purpose (secondary purpose) than the primary purpose of collection of information unless:
- It is required by law.
- The individual or company has consented to the use or disclosure of the information.
- The secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection.
- The information is health information and the use and disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a serious or imminent threat to an individual, company or public life, health and safety.
- The Company will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information it collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- The Company will take all reasonable steps to protect personal information it holds from misuse or loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- The Company will take all reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
- On request, the Company will take reasonable steps to provide more detailed information about what sort of personal information it holds, for what purpose, and how it collects, holds, uses and discloses that information.
ACCESS and CORRECTION
- On request, the Company will provide the individual or company access to the information held about them. Exceptions to this are set out in Schedule 3 of the Act.
- If information is found to be not accurate, complete and up-to-date, the Company will take reasonable steps to correct the information.